PFAS (WAX/GCB) Phase Information
Achieve Fast SPE Extraction of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) from Diverse Matrices
What is Strata PFAS?
Strata PFAS is a stacked (WAX/GCB) solid phase extraction cartridge that that can be used for DOD QSM 5.1/5.3 applications and offers:
- Reliable SPE with 2x gains in productivity
- Reduced need for multiple tubes, transfer steps and wasted time
- Reproducible extraction for Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Condition 1: 4 mL 0.3% Ammonium hydroxide
- Condition 2: 4 mL Methanol
- Equilibrate: 4 mL Water
- Load: Add sample at 4 mL/min*
- Wash: 2x 4 mL Water
- Elute: 4 mL 0.3% Ammonium hydroxide in Methanol
- Evaporate: to dryness and reconstitute to 1 mL with Methanol/Water (96:4)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:Does Strata PFAS align with the requirements of DOD QSM 5.1/5.3 for PFAS?
A:Yes. The DOD QSM 5.1/5.3 PFAS method specifically calls for a polymeric weak anion exchange (WAX) SPE sorbent in combination with graphitized carbon black (GCB) sorbent. Strata PFAS fully complies with these requirements and saves time and resources using a stacked cartridge with two different sorbents compared to the traditional methods that require two separate cartridges.
Q:Does Strata PFAS align with the requirements of EPA 533?
A:Strata PFAS does not align as it’s a stacked SPE cartridge, but EPA 533 does specifically call for Strata-X-AW to be used here with that method.
Q:Should I be concerned with small gaps in the sorbent bed or charcoal residue in the tube?
A:No, this is natural due to the complex stacked manufacturing process and is not a product quality issue.
Q:What matrices can Strata PFAS be used with?
A:Strata PFAS was created to be used with a diverse set of matrices including extracting PFAS from biota samples, such as soils and sediments, and even food samples.